WHAT – Planning Commission Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance regulating Farmers Markets in the Blacksburg town limits.
WHEN – 7:30 PM Tuesday, 01 April 2014
WHERE – Roger E. Hedgepeth Chambers of the Blacksburg Municipal Building, 300 South Main Street, Blacksburg, VA. Please use Washington Street building entrance because of construction on the other entrance.
DETAILS – Zoning Ordinance Amendment #23/Ordinance #1722 – Amendment regarding the regulation of farmers markets including adding a definitions, specifying the zoning districts where the uses are allowed and adding Use and Design Standards. See
List of TOB Farmers Market Documents.
MORE DOCUMENTATION –
- PC Meeting Agenda http://blacksburg.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?view_id=21&event_id=225
- List of Farmers-Market-Ordinance Documents http://www.blacksburg.gov/index.aspx?page=1985
- DRAFT of Farmers Market Zoning Ordinance http://sustainableblacksburgva.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Farmers-Market-ZO.pdf
NEWSPAPER ARTICLES –
- “Farmers Market Debate Continues in Blacksburg” ROA The Bergs, Thursday, 13 March 1014.
- “Let Your Voices Be Heard On Proposed Farmers Market Ordinance” Letter to the Editor of THE BERGS Sunday, 23 March 2014. Could not find electronic copy!