Our vision is for Blacksburg to become a model of community sustainability for Virginia.
To preserve and enhance sustainable living in Blacksburg and environs by promoting clean energy, smart growth and mobility, ecological integrity, social equity, local food systems, and reduction of waste, carbon emissions, and pollution.
- Provide a coordinating hub and clearinghouse of local sustainability-related programs, data, and information.
- Collaborate with the Town of Blacksburg, Virginia Tech, community organizations, and businesses to create and cross promote sustainability policies, programs, and projects.
- Create interest groups among membership to focus on specific elements of our mission and facilitate related projects.
- Grow membership to better represent the population of Blacksburg and advance our mission.
Board of Directors
- President: Ann Raridon
- Vice President: Viverjita Umashankar
- Treasurer: Brenda Springer
- Secretary: Jackie Brown
- Town of Blacksburg: Carol Davis
- Blacksburg Town Council: John Bush
- Virginia Tech: Rob Lowe
- Bailey Chandler
- Sarah Gibbs
- Monena Hall
- Ryan Martin
- Trish Porter
- John Randolph
- Emily Vollmer
- Cat Woodson