Greetings Sustainable Blacksburgers –
Some of you “long-timers” may recall the Greening the Holidays events that our current president Ann Raridon has organized for Sustainable Blacksburg for many years.
This year, with COVID and all, we’re going virtual – and would like to crowdsource green(er) gift ideas from you! We’ll create a rollup of the gift ideas to share on our social media in time for Thanksgiving (the official start of the holiday gift feeding frenzy). We’ll collect your great ideas through November 23rd.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
· Your favorite zero waste products (I have found a shampoo and conditioner bar that REALLY works!)
· Locally made gifts or other ways to support local businesses/artisans/makers (i.e. gift certificates to local restaurants/shops)
· DIY gifts (who wants to learn how to make beeswax food wraps to give as gifts? I know I do!)
· Gifts ideas that address poverty, injustice or environmental issues
· Gifts that aren’t “stuff” – experiences, donations to environmental organizations, etc.
The sky’s the limit!
Click this link to share your ideas: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScAk1d3UL2Bw1cJ3A8yAPNYIM1T8qpgU_7PdTjKFT_fX3WCIw/viewform
You can share as many ideas as you would like! One gift idea per submission please – it’ll be way easier for us to organize them that way. The form will prompt you to share:
· Your great gift idea (short description, i.e. “Zero Waste Shampoo Bar” or “DIY Beeswax Foodwrap”)
· A brief testimonial (why you think this is an awesome gift)
· A web link to where you can buy this gift (or a link to a video tutorial if it’s a DIY gift)
-on behalf of the Sustainable Blacksburg Board