Bring your lunch and learn about Native Plants in Southwest Virginia, why you should choose native and how your garden and yard can make a difference in the natural ecosystem.
We are joined by Nicole Hersch, a Regional Planner and Community Designer at the New River Regional Commission. She has a background in landscape architecture and natural resources and is a longtime advocate and planter of native plants.
- Plant Southwest Virginia Natives Campaign
- Dr. Doug Tallamy, University of Delaware Department of Entomology and Wildlife Ecology
- Webinar Series: Landscaping with Virginia Natives
- Blue Ridge PRISM – Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management
- Virginia Native Plant Society – New River Chapter
- New River Valley Watershed Roundtable
- New River Conservancy
- Native Plants for Conservation, Restoration and Landscaping – Native Plant Finder
- ReNew the New
1 thought on “Lunch & Learn: Plant Southwest Virginia Natives”
Pingback: Sustainable BlacksburgLunch and Learn: 20 Trees that are better than a Bradford Pear